Regulatory and Code news:
- TSSA.org has followed Manitoba‘s lead in adopting the Premier’s mandate to reduce interprovincial barriers to CRN registration by accepting reciprocally CRN applications without second technical review
- TRG successfully lobbies the re-opening of ACI Central (ACICRN.com) and its acceptance of electronic submissions during COVID-19 – March 2020
- TRG successfully lobbies numerous safety authorities to eliminate notarization due to social distancing requirements during COVID-19 – March 2020
- Manitoba is the first province to adopt the Premier’s mandate to reduce interprovincial barriers to CRN registration – 1 Jun 2019
- A CRN consortium has been formed and is on the brink of finalizing a national harmonization agreement. See the news release here. – Feb. 29, 2019
- Progress made in reciprocal recognition of CRNs. – Dec. 11, 2018
- Premiers Deliver Progress on Internal Trade Barriers – 2018
- CRN system identified as costly and a barrier to interprovincial trade by the Premiers of Canada – July 26, 2018
- A consortium to lobby change of the CRN process has been formed. – April 5, 2017
- Manitoba, Saskatchewan, RBQ and British Columbia now exempt Categories A, B, C & G fittings from CRN requirements. See our CRN map. – July 20, 2019
- ABSA has made updates to its AB-41 as of June 1, 2019. ab-041
- RBQ has issues a new statutory declaration fittings as of April, 2019. RBQ
- News: Additional fees may be hitting Ontario boiler and pressure vessel owners after the feedback period of the Ontario government review of the Boiler and Pressure Vessels regulation. Read for yourself. Get involved. – July 1, 2019
- Building code adoption status Canada-wide – Aug. 2, 2019
- Ontario O.REG.220 is set to update. Read the the proposed changes.
- Ontario Auditor General criticizes TSSA.org for multiple shortcomings. Read here. or see relevant excerpts from the AGreport.
Titan Research Group news (updated July 2019)
- Titan Research Group proudly announces its new inspection branch. Some of the licenses held by TRG inspector associates are as follows:
American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- CSA W178.2 Level 2-CWB Certified Welding Inspector
American Petroleum Institute 510 (API 510) Certified Pressure Vessel Inspector
American Petroleum Institute 570 (API 570) Certified Piping Inspector
American Petroleum Institute 580 (API 580) Risk Based Inspection Certification
National Board Pressure Equipment Inspector-In Service/Repair
ABSA In-Service Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspector (IBPV)
NACE Coating Inspector Level 1
- Titan Research Group is now providing the following QMS services:
- Quality Management Systems (QMS) define the interaction of contractors and owners in the build or expansion of any building or pressure equipment. TRG can ensure that your QMS follows local regulatory and code requirements, defines the inspection process in the Inspection and Testing Plan (ITP), and that all inspectors and trades have the appropriate licenses, Canadian Welding Board approved welders, Weld Performance Qualifications (WPS) and Performance Qualification Records (PQRs) that are approved by the jurisdictional authority. Furthermore, TRG will ensure that additional provincial requirements relating to certificates of authorization and quality system licenses and authorizations are in place prior to construction.
- CSA B51 Annex F Quality System set up is required for those manufacturers of fittings that do not have a valid ISO QA system or ASME QA system (for example). TRG has assisted numerous companies across the USA to set up their CSA Annex F QA system and to be issued valid QA certificates acceptable across Canada by the Canadian safety authorities towards registration of fittings.
- ASME Bioprocessing Equipment Standard 2019 is released. ASME-BPE-2019
- Titan Research Group is a proud contributor to the development of the latest ASME BPE 2019 release.
- Rob McGregor, P.Eng continues in the role of Canadian Delegate as contributing member of ASME BPE.